Game Off 2019 Day 25

Oh, man!  I've been so busy with work and stuff, that I forgot to make any progress on my game.  I'm going to have to abandon Godot and Blender for now, sorry.  I just don't have the time now to learn the tools and finish my game.  I'm moving back to HTML5 Canvas and JavaScript!

This new game will actually be a spin-off game titled "Un-Bee Leap-able: Bee Flat".  Can I even have a spin-off game before the actual game is finished?  Sure!  Why not?

Anyway, here's the GitHub repo for Bee Flat.  I'm hoping that I can take the platforming elements from Glide 4.0 and combine it with the upgrade system of Paper Plane !! to make an interesting game.

I had made some progress, I got the HTML page and CSS going, when I noticed that Jedulz had made some progress on the JavaScript.  I pushed the code that I had for it into my repo and then I performed a tricky merge request.  It was tricky since we both create HTML and CSS for the game.  After that, I had to make some small fixes the JavaScript to work with my two canvases: one to draw the whole "world" that the character will fly through, and another to act as the "camera" to only show us a small area around the Character.  I also started the game with a "Start Screen", so there had to be a way you could remove it before you could see the Character moving around.

I got it to a nice state where both of our contributions work!  You can play Bee Flat right now, if you want!  Hopefully, Jedulz and I can finish this game before the Game Off ends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Off 2019 Prep

JS13K 2020 Game Jam Day 14

Game Off 2019 Day 27 to 31